Telemedicine has many applications in healthcare, including standard clinical care, counseling or therapy, patient education, professional consultation or supervision, and more.
Telemedicine is the use of telecommunications technology to provide real-time health care to patients at a distance.
During this time of the global COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, telemedicine has proven to be a necessary and outstanding way to maintain continuity with your doctor, while maintaining safety for yourself and health care staff. Your treatment plans may be carried out without interruption or delay.
- Newton-Wellesley OB/GYN offers telemedicine and in-person consultations and follow-up visits.
- Healthcare professionals can use telemedicine to see patients or to consult with other care providers.
- Telemedicine can be provided to a patient at home or work, or at another clinic or hospital. Now with mobile devices, the patient can be anywhere with access to the internet.
Setting Up a Telemedicine Appointment with Newton-Wellesley OB/GYN
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery FAQs
Minimally invasive surgical approaches can be faster, safer, and require less recovery time. Other potential benefits include
- Better cosmetic results from smaller skin incisions
- Less blood loss from surgery.
- Reduced risk of muscle damage due to reduced trauma to the muscles and soft tissues.
- Reduced risk of infection and postoperative pain.
- Faster recovery from surgery and less rehabilitation required.
- Diminished reliance on pain medications after surgery.