Family planning options and services have been made available in the U.S. since the early 20th century. The science behind it has only become better with time, providing women and families a variety of options to plan the size of their families. Despite this, however, a mere 10 years ago, almost 45% of the pregnancies in the US were unintended.
Family planning services include support for the need for women and families to determine their family size and the timing and spacing of their children. Well-thought-out family planning options ensure the health and well-being of women and, therefore, their families.
At Newton-Wellesley OB/GYN, our experienced and knowledgeable team of OB/GYN doctors are ideally placed to answer all your questions on what family planning options are available and best suited to you.
Why Family Planning is Important
- Complete gynecological and breast examination
- Screening and follow-ups for cervical cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Birth control counseling
- Pregnancy testing and preconception care
- HPV and other vaccinations
Avoiding Unintended Pregnancies
- Low birth weight of the child
- Shorter breastfeeding duration for each child
- Higher risk of postpartum depression for the mother
- Poor physical and mental development of the child
Preventing the Spread of STDs
Family Planning Services at Newton-Wellesley OB/GYN
Women who seek birth control options, management of unintended and abnormal pregnancies, contraception for women with complex medical issues can all depend on receiving respectful and compassionate care from the women’s health care experts at Newton-Wellesley OB/GYN.